Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Personal Content

So, I've been thinking about this speech a little. Basically, just enough to Google some ideas. Little did I know that for just pennies a day, I can have a speech written for me, or use a template that is a "proven winner!" How could I go wrong? Check out this site
If you want to skyrocket your confidence, save valuable time, and feel confident in delivering a memorable and ever-lasting graduation or valedictorian speech, then this is the most important letter you'll ever read.
Here's why...
My 'Instant Graduation Speech Package' gives you everything that you need to deliver the perfect speech for your graduation.


or this one...

A personally written speech, just for me. I could be like the President, if he was giving a Bat Mitzvah toast. Do people really use these sites? They are much like the term paper download sites of yore. Perhaps all of our lives could be scripted and written by someone else. What a perfect world that would be.

On a completely different subject, I came across Tuesdays with Mantu the other day. I haven't read this yet, but as I have professed before, I have a distinct fascination with internet scams and the multiple letters from deposed leaders wishing to share their cash with me. This guy apparently took it a step farther and actually corresponded with several of these scam artists, making up a family and other pertinent information over a several week period to keep an open dialog going. I have played along with a couple of the more clever bank and eBay scams just to see where they go, but this guy is my hero. Anyway, if I get around to reading it, I will let you know. Other books I have read recently that you should check out...A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson (this is worth an entire series of posts alone) and Under the Banner of Heaven by Jon Krakauer (scarrrry). Your local library...check it out!

Why does my iTunes keep playing U2 and freakin' Tori Amos in the shuffle?

5 Comments:

Blogger Caroline said...

I will try to remember to bring the "Banner" to your shower this weekend, so Jana can finally read it. It was a super great book.

As a side note...Remember the metaphor contest too...

8:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad I could be somebody's hero. Thanks for the plug on the book. I'm doing all the promotion for the book, so any free ink is appreciated.

BTW, how did you hear about Tuesdays with Mantu?

10:28 AM  
Blogger Ken said...

Kind of reminds me of Sparky Polastri from Bring It On (you know, the film about cheerleading with Kirsten Dunst that no guys would admit he watched all the way through). Sparky was peddling his cheers all along the west coast in an effort to scam a couple of bucks.

Just seems similar.

4:22 PM  
Blogger rob said...

Rich-I just bumped into Tuesdays with Mantu while websurfing. Nice play (I assume) on the Tuesdays with Morrie thing.
Ken- strong work with the Bring it On reference. I love that movie (only for the cheerleaders, though...seriously...okay maybe for the spirit fingers too).

8:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read Tuesdays with Mantu - and it is the first book that I have ever rolled on the floor laughing while in the middle of reading it.

When I tried to collect myself - I would pick the book up again and I would start laughing all over again.

Rich is a genius.

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home