Thursday, February 17, 2005

A nose like Jennifer Aniston's

I hate being a convalescent. It goes against ever part of my nature. If nothing else, I just can't sit still long enough for this whole healing thing. As some of you know, I had rhinoplasty (more specifically a turbinectomy with septoplasty) yesterday to correct a near inability to breath through my nose. I just happened to have a small nose with large nasal turbinates.

The surgery went well. The anesthesia after effects were minimal, and now I have to just sit around with my nose packed full of gauze, taking vicodin (which does absolutely nothing for me, BTW), and watching movies from a reclined position to keep the blood from dripping out. Disgusting, I apologize, but such is my life for the next few days. I am so bored. No matter how hard I try, I cannot lay around all day. It is nearly killing me.

Anyway, please continue to keep me entertained with child names. After watching Troy this afternoon (Brad Pitt is sooo dreamy) I have to say that Kyle's offering of "Themosticles" is my favorite thus far.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kyle said...

Nose job?

My God, how vain.

10:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i don't think it's vain to have a noce job if it's because you couldn't breath through it. i'm not a big fan of mouth-breathers. especially at the movies during the scary or sad parts.

even with brad pitt in it, i hated alexander. how literal. blech.

i think you should name your boy Napoleon. SWEET!

marsha

3:30 PM  
Blogger Kyle said...

Joking, Marsha.

6:21 AM  
Blogger Kyle said...

Caroline says she saw you and that you look like Diana Ross, but sober.

1:28 PM  
Blogger rob said...

How sweet of C-line to notice. I was, however, going for the slurred-word/DUI Diana Ross look. I guess you can only work with the materials you got.

5:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Passez un moment pensant cela, mais ne travaillez pas trop dur.Cheerio, Joann new york rhinoplasty for men

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home