Monday, October 18, 2004

This is about as political as I get

"Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president or any other public official, save exactly to the degree in which he himself stands by the country. It is patriotic to support him insofar as he efficiently serves the country. It is unpatriotic not to oppose him to the exact extent that by inefficiency or otherwise he fails in his duty to stand by the country. In either event, it is unpatriotic not to tell the truth, whether about the president or anyone else".
Theodore Roosevelt, 26th President of the United States

I finally watched Farenheit 9/11 last night. Very informative, not terribly profound, and certainly biased, but I reccomend that everyone see it, despite you political background, or dislike for Michael Moore. This quote was note in the movie, but it certainly applies. Please, everyone, think long and hard before you casts your votes in November.

Done with neurology, studying for Step 2 of the boards. Life is much better.



4 Comments:

Blogger Kyle said...

And I presume, that by thinking long and hard, I will come to see the wisdom of voting for Kerry?

Watch Farenheit 9/11 by all means. And then read:

http://www.georgebushisadouchebagbutimvotingforhimanyway.com/index.htm for a second opinion.

I wish it weren't horrifically cliched to complain about the pathetic choice offered to the American electorate. I never thought it would come down to imperialism versus the spectre of socialized health care. Gross.

11:06 AM  
Blogger rob said...

I can't say that you must vote for Kerry, but GW scares the crap out of me. Just if you are going to vote for Bush, don't do it blindly as apparently 48% of this country is planning to do.

1:55 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

This will probably be the year that I am won over to principled abstention.

10:47 PM  
Blogger Kyle said...

Despite the fact that a fair number of people at least as intelligent as I am are planning to "blindly" vote for Bush, I will also be abstaining.

I think Will said it best in his justification for voting for Badnarik. If you plan to vote, then, by all means, throw your vote away.

7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home