Friday, October 01, 2004

Mr. Clean

I did it. Tired of fighting a losing battle, I succummed and shaved my head today. Yes, burn the image of the last time you saw me into your memory. It will be the last with hair. On the positive side, however, I am so aerodynamic right now.

So, I have a patient with optic neuritis. He fits the patterns for multiple sclerosis. A crappy disorder to get when you are only 39. We have been working him up with lab tests and imaging studies, and despite all of our doom and gloom prophesies, it looks like he might not have MS afterall. The final MRI we were waiting for shows no evidence of "flare" (not the TGIFridays variety) which is fairly stereotypical in MS patients when other neurological problems show up. Anyway, we are still waiting for some lab tests (obtained via the spinal tap I performed yesterday) but it looks like better-than-anticipated news (temporary loss of eye sight hardly to qualify as "good news" even if it is not MS). Medicine is cool.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe you did a spinal tap. That's craziness. -- Lisa

9:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah what she said. holy shit! i'd have been shaken in my boots dr. rob. marsha

2:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh. and also i wanted to say that the shaved head looks great - might be a tad chilly in the north though, eh? get a toque! marsha

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home