Sunday, August 22, 2004

Home, Sort of

As most of you know, I am finally back in Tucson after almost two months in Alaska. The trip/work ended plesantly with Jana joining me in Nome for a few days before we headed to Anchorage to visit family. We saw a record 11 musk ox while Jana was there, and were even surrounded at one point by a herd of more than 100 reindeer. The fish were scarce, but we returned home with some, thanks to family in Anchorage.

It was nice to be in Anchorage again, but it has changed much since we left. I visited with the Family Practice Residency up there and was more than impressed with the residents, faculty, and facilities. We are very excited about our return someday.

I am sorry this is such a brief finale, but I am heading north to the Navajo and Hopi reservations for a cardiology clinical rotation this afternoon. I have enjoyed writing, and I am glad to see a few of you enjoyed listening to my tales. I'm not quite sure what to do with the blog from here on out, lacking the fantastic subject matter I have shared. Thanks for all of your comments, as that was probably my favorite part of the whole process. So, "Adieu from Alaska" as the Eskimos say (or perhaps that was the French), and stop by once in awhile to see if I keep this up.

Rob Church
Medical "Studnet" (official title given by the Norton Sound Health Corporation)

1 Comments:

Blogger Brian said...

Talk about a quick turn-around...have fun up north.

Great job with this thing. I hope that you continue to write as the spirit moves you. You do it well.

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home