Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Attaques

The dude next to me on the eliptical trainer totally had a seizure the other day. Not like a figurative seizure, but a real, true life, literal seizure. I was striding away, minding my own business with Vampire Weekend dominating the iPod and heard a thud. As I turned, the guy started seizing, foaming at the mouth and everything. Now, mind you, I am used to this sort of thing at work, but I like to keep my work and private life somewhat seperate. So I, and a couple of other gym rats (yeah, that's me, "gym rat") pushed everything aside and sat by this guy until paramedics came.
The crazy/annoying part was that he adamently refused transport to the hospital and blew it off like nothing happened. Jana is traumatized. I thought I was okay, but this guy keeps showing up at the same time I have been there in the morning. I have to use another machine across the room, almost too far to read the closed captioning at Fox News, because I can't bring myself to work out next to him again. Although I know that I'll be right there when he falls off the machine again. I'm good like that.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Remember when I fell on the treadmill in Kuparuk and got pinned between it and the wall while it kept running and burned a hole in my arm? I still have a light scar - but the guy next to me on that machine kept jogging, looked over at my bloody arm after not helping to turn it off or get me off the ground and said, "you should slow that machine down." He was good like that.

11:17 PM  
Blogger rob said...

I totally forgot about that. Gotta love the empathy or some folks. Then again, maybe he was just trying really hard to lose weight.

12:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home