Friday, October 17, 2008

Unbreakable

I spent the large part of the past several years claiming to be "Unbreakable". If anyone other than me has seen the M. Night Shyamalan, Bruce Willis vehicle as named, you have a vague idea of what I am talking about. The basic plot centers around a man who is the sole survivor from a train crash who, when he takes his life in to view, realizes that he has never had a sick day, never been ill, and his son believes him to be a super hero. Long story short (or very long story short, to those of you who didn't appreciate the pace of the movie)common man rises against odds, wins his son's affection, and conquers his nemesis. I really like the concepts and pace of this movie. I met someone else once who did too, but forgot his name.

Anyway, the combination of my super powers and a deep seeded ability to deny illness (I swear I can will it away, as long as I refuse to believe I am sick) failed me this week. The whole family has come down with various permutations of gastroenteritis, one by one. I caught it last (of course after claiming my super powers) and worst. I'll spare you the gorey details, but I haven't eaten in three days and have learned some fascinating things about my digestive system.

I just realized that it is late, I am malnourished (although I am losing weight like no one's business...how could 10,000 supermodels have it wrong), and I can't remember where my line of thought was heading. So, I will attach yet another entertaining Sarah Palin link. Make sure you click on almost every item in the Sarah Palin Oval Office. Hours or at least minutes of fun. Thanks to The Superficial for the link.

PS-I really like this movie. I own it. If you want to come over and watch it sometime, I'll make some popcorn. Look away if I get teary eyed.

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Caroline said...

I had the disease a couple weeks ago too. Left me with hives for a week after (allergic reaction to the virus, according to the new doc). I hate being sick..

5:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home