Saturday, September 27, 2008

Rough week

This week I have been writing from my hovel, my all things pod, my couch. It has been my week off and has been filled with knee surgery, a funeral, a lot of TV, and so much sitting/laying that my back hurts.

Sad things first, in the past few weeks we have lost both mine and Jana's grandmothers. We are fortunate to have good genes and have the blessing of family living into their 90s. Both Grandma Stands and Grandma Secora passed away in the company of family and will be dearly missed.

On a happier note, I had knee surgery this week. Why is this "happy"? I was given about 50/50 chance of being on crutches for 3 days versus being non-weight bearing, on crutches and in a knee immobilizer for 6 weeks, not knowing which until I awakened from surgery. I awoke to the three day option and will definintely be skiing this winter. I had a bone spur taken off the back of my knee cap, which is now healing very well, thank you very much.

Yhus, why I have spent probably 60 hours on this couch over the past four days. There is a noted impression on one of the cushions. Perhaps you will be lucky enough to sit there when you visit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home