Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Serenity now

The deafening silence of my house when I awoke this morning startled me. I'm working nights this week and everyone was gone already. This was a poinient moment, as the comes a time in every parent's life where you have to let go and left your fledglings fly free from the nest. For most folks this is at the age of 18ish and college or that assistant manager's job at Wendy's are the impending cause. We made it to 10 months. The twins started day care today. It was a beautiful thing.

Those of you who have spent any significant time around me know that I have fairly definite opinions on only a couple of things. Home schooling being one (for 99.9% of home schooled kids, worst idea ever) and the other is that Canonball Run is the second best movie of all time. As a relatively new parent, I have also become a huge proponent of day care and preschool. I'll admit to a few somewhat selfish benefits, but the socialization and interaction a child gets through a good program is so far beyond what I as a reasonably well educated parent could ever hope to give. Jackson has thrived in this environment and and now the twins have that opportunity as well. We are very excited about this moment. We also get to go to a movie on Wednesday. Any suggestions?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home