Saturday, April 01, 2006

16 tons and what do ya get...

Okay, so it's not 16 tons, but as of this morning, I have lost 14 lbs. I look in the mirror, and don't feel like I have changed that much (shows how much I needed to lose), but when I got to thinking about it, 14 lbs is a lot when you put it in more common terms. It is comparable to:
1) A 14 lb sack of potatos
2) A 14 lb salmon (a huge sockeye, a decent coho, or a tiny chinook)
3) 2/3 of Jackson
4) One of those 14lb bar bells at the gym
5) A 14lb cannonball
6) a big guy's head.

I celebrated Doctor's Day at work this past week with a free omlette in the hospital physician's lounge. I never knew there was such a holiday. It seems a bit contrived, then again, so does Valentine's Day. Fortunately, I like omlettes better than candy.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

my head is SO not THAT big. jeez.
Corky

12:43 PM  
Blogger rob said...

Funny that you realized I was thinking of you.

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home