Wednesday, March 22, 2006

It appears to be spring



Six to eight inches of snow on Sunday, my first ski day of the year, followed a splendid deep-snow bike ride. Now 44 degrees fahrenheit and I am riding my bike through small lakes on the way home.



I had to buy a set of fenders for the bike this evening so I could see the road on the way home. Not to mentioned soaked underwear leads to "commando" rounds at the hospital.

I'm starting to look at cyclocross bikes again. Anyone with some good tips out there?

Another forgotten post... This is what happened when we asked for a birthday cake in Mexico a few weeks ago:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always wondered if my doctor was going commando

david

10:32 AM  
Blogger Taryn said...

I forgot that y'all went to Mexico. How was it?

11:47 AM  
Blogger Kyle said...

How much do you want to spend?

I think if you are a proven commuter in an enrivonment like that, you might want to treat yourself to truly special bike.

Maybe something with fat tires, disc brakes, and a Rohloff Hub.

Just seeing you busting the proverbial move on that bike got me considering the possibilities. Building a rig for such extreme conditions seems like such fun.

It costs, though.

If you want something a little cheaper but with style, you should consider a Surly cross-check.

8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home