Sunday, February 26, 2006

Two posts in a week...Christmas miracle

I find myself working in the emergency department these days. You never know what is coming next, and generally it smells like alcohol. My favorite chief complaint of the week:

"I have malnourishment. My pimp won't let me eat."

Life is good otherwise. After a couple of weeks of melting, freezing, and lack of snow, we got 6 inches yesterday. I rode to work on a sheet of glass, and I rode home on a sheet of glass covered with dry snow as lubricant. Awesome. I love riding a bike in the winter. Despite people saying "Oh, you're one of those," I get some good exercise, get outside, and if I am lucky, broadside a moose on the way home. Good times.

6 Comments:

Blogger Caroline said...

Do moose smell bad?

7:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes Caroline, yes they do. We have been hiking a few times and smeelled the moose before we realized one was near by. They do, however, make delicious stews and sausage.

11:04 PM  
Blogger Arthur said...

Slippin' and slidin' on ice is pretty fun on a road bike. The skinny tires and narrow handlebars just add to the fun.

Just don't knock out too many teeth in the process, and remember that you would have to try real hard to tip over if you only had a tricycle.

3:02 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

Rob has been known to ride a tricycle in the time I've known him.

3:20 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

Er, um, Dr. Smith has been known to ride one, that is...

3:21 PM  
Blogger rob said...

I've been meaning to change that Dr. Smith thing for a long time. Thanks for the impetice(sp?) GLad to see there are a couple of people still out there paying attention. It was -2F when I rode my bike in this morning.

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home