Saturday, August 27, 2005

On to OB

It is Saturday, I am on call for pediatrics, and will be starting OB on Monday. Hard to believe that I have been doing this for a couple of months already. Time flies frighteningly fast when you never get to sleep. I am excited about getting next weekend off, however, the trade off will be a twenty day stretch without a day off, and overnight call in the hospital every 3-4 days. At the end of the marathon we will be going to Tucson and Indiana for a week filled with weddings and missed friends. Funny how everything obtains a new perspective. When I worked M-F, 40 hours a week, the weekend seemed an eternity away. Now that I work 80-100 hours a week and get every other weekend off (if I am lucky), the weekends pass quietly like another day. I realized I had a problem when I was excited about getting half the day off after leaving at 2pm following a 6am start.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Do you think the lack of sleep may have something to do with being surrounded by babies 24-7... between pediatrics, OB and Jackson, you don't stand a chance!

12:00 PM  
Blogger Kyle said...

Oh my god.

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home