Sunday, July 31, 2005

Minions

Seriously...I need minions, a staff, or at least a personal assistant. I seem to get my business done at the hospital, but things I plan for home fall to the wayside. I have even taken to dictating blog entries into my Pocket PC, but there is no one there to transcribe them for me. The only reason I get things done at the hospital is that people do things for me. It is a very strange feeling going from getting kicked around as a medical student to having nurses and other staff step aside to let you do your business, and then ask what you would have them do. I now understand the stories of people walking into hospitals and pretending they are doctors. A white coat will give you almost unlimited access.

Along these lines, I had a dream the other night that donning my white coat, I snuck into the Vatican. Now, why a white coat would give me access to the Vatican (BTW, I'm not Catholic) I do not know. Such is the world of my dreams. Perhaps it is an early indication of the "God complex" that affects so many physicians manifesting itself in my subconscious. I do like people doing things that I ask of them.

Since I won't email all of you, FYI, Jana is doing well and taking care of Jackson for the both of us. Her transfer to the VA in Anchorage officially fell through since her leave time ended Friday. The easy route did not work, but usually something better comes along. Jackson doesn't sleep much (like his father) but he is generally a pretty happy baby, and starting to plump up and become more interactive. We'll send pictures soon.

5 Comments:

Blogger Brian said...

You need minions? Put Jackson to work! It's about time that kid started pulling his weight, anyway.

12:59 PM  
Blogger rob said...

I've been trying to teach him how to mow the lawn. I forgot these things actually grow as opposed to our gravel in Tucson.

7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reading your blog and I figured you'd be interested in advancing your life a bit, call us at 1-206-339-5106. No tests, books or exams, easiest way to get a Bachelors, Masters, MBA, Doctorate or Ph.D in almost any field.

Totally confidential, open 24 hours a day.

Hope to hear from you soon!

5:06 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Yep Rob, that's what you need.... more school.

Funny how I've only seen the above 'comment' on two blogs -- both of which are operated by guys with advanced degrees already.

9:33 AM  
Blogger rob said...

I am so totally going to go back and get my Bachelors degree! Working for minimum wage sucks.

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home