Sunday, March 12, 2006

Flying


It's been a pretty sweet past few days. I finished up my ER rotation Thursday with a bang. My attending invited me to go flying with her, so we flew to a town about 200 miles south (by road) and back just to ejoy the beautiful weather. Spectacular.

As I was helping put the wing covers back on the plane after landing, she mentioned that I was putting in the work to bank flights for this summer. Sweet.

This was followed by intubating a lady emergently in the ER following a drug overdose. The crazy thing was that I was behind her in line in the cafeteria about 15 minutes earlier. I have had the opportunity to intubate a few people, but usually this is done in preparation for surgery, not in an emergent situation. Again, sweet.
Finally, we headed north on the Alaska Railroad to an abandoned post called Curry, which at one time had a lodge and ski hill. Now the train heads there once a year, filled with cross country skiers, a polka band, and much revelry. It was another picture perfect day.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kyle said...

Those pictures are gorgeous.

8:05 PM  
Blogger Arthur said...

One of the few times you have intubated somebody in an emergency situation? Don't they intubate people like five times every evening, just like they do on ER?

It hailed here in SF this past weekend. Enough to cover the roads and have cars leaving tracks on the Interstate. Not as pretty as Alaska though.

10:06 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I'm with Kyle. The pictures are amazing.

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home