Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Stricken

So, for the second time in the past week, I am actually sick. I called in sick (truly sick, not just a "mental health day") for the first time in my adult life. I even had to get prescription cough syrup because my self prescription of: 250mg of "suck it up" didn't do the job. Needless to say, my adventures and exercises have dropped off in the past couple of days, and I layed on the couch for an entire day watching movies, coughing up phlegm, and drifting in and out of consciousness. I did miss the work of having to admit a psychiatric patient (what we in the business call "crazy") who I had seen yesterday, so there is something of a bright side.

The dark side, however, was the commercials. Nome isn't exactly the haven for fast food or chain restraunts (although there is a Subway), but I have been tortured by the Dairy Queen Brownie Batter Blizzard. You know, the one where the guy gets his tongue caught in the beaters? The absence of a DQ has made this a Holy Grail of sorts, only sweeter and more sticky. The other commercial (or should I say "comercials" because they always come in twos) I want to complain about are the Enzyte commercials for "natural male enhancement". Bob and his happy wife give me the creeps. These commercials look just like real drug commercials with disclamers and everything, but they are some type of herbal concoction. And what is "natural" male enhancement anyway. What are these commercials alluding to?

Mad props to Lisa for the Bruce Campbell/Kevin Bacon answer. See the comments from my last post. I need to go to bed. Must sleep. Must get well. Maybe I will have more Alaska stuff to talk about tomorrow. Thanks for listening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home