Wednesday, July 21, 2004

As close to brief as I get

Todays issue is dedicated to a semblance of brevity, as I learn my own wife is not reading my blog due to the biblical proportions of my last couple of writings.

Stitiches. Today I got to put stitches in the cheek of a 12 year old. Cool. I have mad stitching skills if anyone needs help. I haven't had to sew anything up since my OB/Gyn rotation several months ago, so there was more than a little trepidation going in. Not to mention there was no one supervising and the kid's mom was watching over my shoulder. Fortunately it was a clean cut, and five interrupted stitches later it actually looked like I knew what I was doing. Who's next?

Can I say enough about the friendliness of a small town. The weather has been beautiful here, so I took a bike ride around town for an hour or so. In that time I saw three people I know, and was waved at by no less than four total strangers. The kids even sell lemonade here still. Given, it is a dollar for a cup (that comes with a free cookie), but a dollar is chump change around here. I paid $11 for a twelve inch combo meal at Subway the other night.

'Nuff said for today. Please note that the link to Brian's blog (all that good angry/political stuff I promised a couple of weeks ago) is actually working now. My apologies about it being down. I am but a simple caveman, and your modern blogging ways are strange and frightening. Also please note the new visitor counter, reaching new heights daily. Thanks for your patronage.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brian said...

Don't feel bad about Jana not reading you. Marsha told me last night that she just uses my blog as a links page to the other blogs that she actually does read. Mostly yours, it would appear.

It's also worth pointing out that the link to my page didn't work because I wrote it wrong. Go figure. I probably couldn't tell you how to get to my house, either.

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home