Saturday, July 05, 2008

Mildly outraged or moderately insulted

"Pops." Seriously, "Pops". I was exiting a local fast food establishment earlier this morning, affectionately known as "Old Macdonald's" around our house, and a strung out, haggard, chain smoking woman drinking coffee outside behind the garbage bins said "How'se it goin' Pops." I looked up, puzzled, and said "Did you just call me 'Pops'?" She said "yeah, well I don't know your name." I replied in a very non-comical and somewhat hurt voice "well, I don't think 'Pops' is the right term," before jumping into the jeep (no, not the minivan) and driving away.

How old does this lady think I am? Upon my brief image of her and her somewhat weathered state, she must have been 10 years older than I am (or at least I hope she is). For Pete's sake, I am only 36. Pops????

Jana said that maybe it was my glasses. When did blublockers go out of style?

1 Comments:

Blogger Brian said...

Just tell yourself it's more of a reflection of how old she is...who calls anyone "pops" anymore?

4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home