Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Welcome to Mumtrekhlogamute

Mud. I wish I had a better descriptive word for my arrival in Bethel, but 'mud' just about sums it up. It has been raining here for the past week, and what was once a hard packed sandy road system is now goo. Thank God for 4-wheel drive and my xtra tuffs.



I am at the beginning of a six week rotation here at the Yukon Kuskokwim Health Corporation hospital in the 7th largest town in Alaska (pop: 6400). The Corporation (ominous sounding , isn't it?) serves a region the size of Oregon and it is one giant swamp filled with mosquitos out here.

Otherwise, it seems reasonably nice. We are on the bank of the Kuskokwim river, and assuming the weather lets up I am excited to be here, and may have a contact to do some fishing in my free time. Put on your parkas, and join me for the next few weeks, as I finally have the time to write again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home