Thursday, January 29, 2009

caved

I finally caved and did the 25 random things via Facebook. I enjoyed it. Damn. I enjoyed it enought to pass it on via the ol' blog as I know some of you (wisely) have not succomed to the Facebook yet.

1) I love writing, but I become resistant to writing when I am pressured to do so…this extends to many other facets of my life, such as making pancakes.
2) I make really good pancakes.
3) I rode an ostrich once. True story. In South Africa. It threw me after about 7 seconds.
4) Thanks to my parents, I had visited all 50 States before I graduated high school.
5) I was voted most likely to succeed in High School
6) It took me 4 tries to get into medical school
7) I was Class President 3 out of 4 years in Medical School
8) I am really good at selling things
9) I hate to lie, but can be very good at it
10) I complain about my children and consequent lack of sleep a lot, but I don’t know what I’d do if I was well rested anyway. (read that as: I am extremely proud of my children)
11) Self depreciating humor is my primary defense mechanism, and I’m terrible at it
12) I still want to be a rock star, or more specifically, a one-hit-wonder
13) I love the way my dogs smell
14) My wife also happens to be my best friend
15) If I could chose another profession right now, it would be as a writer
16) I love my job…really, love it. How many people can say that?
17) I make a lot of plans which Jana describes as “The Hamster Wheel”
18) One of my hobbies is visiting National Parks. We have been to over 150 of them.
19) When I was a Forensic Scientist, my favorite part of the job was testifying in court
20) I have difficulty with the dichotomy of needing to be social and wanting to be alone. This is why I go to the gym to work out and refuse to speak with anyone
21) I wish I was a better guitar player
22) I once got a fortune cookie that read “You long for the pyramids of Egypt,” but I had already seen them
23) I collect Native American artwork and my most precious pieces are Jana, Jackson, Jonathan, and Ella. (They were all recently voted into the Kenaitze tribe)
24) I like it immensely when people anticipate my needs and meet them. It makes the transition from work at the hospital to purchasing cheese in the grocery store very difficult. (Why won’t these people get out of my way, don’t they see that I am a doctor?)
25) I have managed to commute on bicycle intermittently yet consistently for most of my adult life and have a hard time envisioning a home where I have to drive all the time.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Brian said...

What's Facebook?

7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home