Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Joan Rivers

Joan Rivers took my seat. Well, more correctly it was Melissa Rivers, her daughter, but I really blame Joan. We are on our way back to civilization - Yelapa, Mexico to Los Angeles - and as a minor treat and as a side effect of the airline reservation process, Jana and I are flying First Class. Well, we're supposed to be flying First Class. Did I mention that Joan Rivers stole my seat? There is also a seven year old child up there. A waste of amenitites if I have ever seen one. (Truly the plebian, cattle car mentality from the back of the plane. WHo really deserves to sit in First Class?

It has beena pretty odd day. Recovery from a wedding, snorkelling, and a water taxi ride forty five minutes from civilization. At the start of our ride we were flagged down by a simillar boat asking if there was a doctor aboard? Jumping to obligation with lead feet, myself and an Obstitrician offered our services. A young man had been run over by one of the ponga type obats and had a fairly severe laceration to his elbow. I could see the head of his humerus and the adjoining (no pun intended) joint space. Fortunately minimal bleeding. The OB offered to stay with him (I take back everything I have ever said about an OBs medical skills) as our plane was pending and he was skiffed off to a near by puerto and awaiting ambulance. I speculate that he will need orthopedic surgery. The cut was fairly deep. It is rare (read: only happened twice...did I tell you about the guy who had a seizure at the gym?) that I have been called to duty in public situations, and despite initial relucatance as is human nature, I am comforted that I stepped up. Jana said she would have ratted me out anyway.
The delay led us to meet with one of the most creative and above the law cab drivers that I have ever encountered and our timing at the airport. Right behind Joan Rivers. Who took my seat. Why do I have to sit back here with all the mortals in Coach? Stupid Joan Rivers.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home