Monday, January 21, 2008

Doom and gloom




I swear, it is not all doom and gloom like I am making it sound. Most of the last post is a culmination of the past two years of learning to live with a child who has a "disability" (in quotes because I don't think Jackson realizes that he is at all hampered-although I do have one sad story that I may share at some point) and the financial bearing it has had on us. Truthfully, I am a physician, and upon further discussion with my cohorts in training, we have decided that we are "well trained to make money" regardless of whether we find the perfect job. So...all of our financial woes are self limited due to the occupation I have chosen. We, again are very fortunate in our lives, our careers, and our children. Thank you, however, to those who have sent your heartfelt notes.




I will write more on our experience with the government aid programs tomorrow. Today I want to say that we had a really nice weekend. Probably one of the most enjoyable weekends (sleeplessness aside) that we have had in some time. Most of the was in my interactions with Jackson. The babies are still "lumps" and have something left to be desired in the way of personality (can you tell I like two year olds better? There seem to be baby people and toddler people in this world. I am a toddler person.) We spent Friday at the H2Oasis, America's third largest indoor water park. Kind of pitiful actually, but for a couple bucks, I can take Jackson to play on the pirate ship, swim in the wave pool, and climb and crawl over all sorts of water recreational equipment (in the company of dozens of other diapered kids, ugh, I hope they use lots of chlorine). Jackson loves this place, and he will gladly tall you all sorts of stories about going through the waterfall and down the tunnel slide ("It was scary"). Saturday was spent sledding and at a three year old's birthday party. Cake, games, dinosaur shaped peanut butter sandwiches, and his first time down the sled hill by himself. Perfect. Seeing that his father will be unemployed in a few months, Jackson also let his dad do a little networking with a Doc whose practice he might be interested in joining. Never thought I'd be conducting business at a kid's party. There was something so very 'Vince Vaughn in Old School' about it.




I should put a paragraph here. The weekend was topped off by a trip to Grammy and Papa's cabin, a snow cave, and a snowmachine ride around the neighborhood. Nothing makes a boy happier than a snowmachine (or a four wheeler in summer). It has been a long time since we recreated. I am enjoying some time well spent with the fam. There, I suppose that's a little more uplifting. Back to the horrors of parenting tomorrow, what do ya think? PS-I'm not very adept at arranging the pictures on the page, but here are a few.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home