Tuesday, September 12, 2006

A couple of funny things...


I'm a hairy guy. Literally, not figuratively. Mostly this entails my arms. They are wooly like the day is long in the Alaskan summer. Angora sheep send me hate letters. The only two places I don't grow hair effectively are on the top of my head and the tops of my feet.

Although the hairless fashions of the day have prevented my modelling aspirations, there are many benefits. This is not a complete list

1) Warmth. I don't get as cold in the long dark winters.
2) Protection from mosquitos. The difficulty of navigating the maze of my hair folicles is hardly worth the sweetness of my type A+ blood. (Oh yes, I am sweet, like sugar)
3) Women like to pet me. There is something comforting about a hairy guy, like that warm quilt your grandma made, with the velveteen lining.
4) Extra sensory powers. I know when you are trying to sneak up on me.

Finally...

5) Yupik children adore me. They have never seen anything like my hairy arms. They are fascinating. Yupiks are surprisingly quite hairless, at least in a body hair kind of way. The children look. They smile. They giggle, and they reach out to touch. I tell them it keeps me warm like a bear or a musk ox. They think I am funny. That makes my job easier.

Please note the Friends links are finally updated. My apologies to my wonderful friends who have kept their links current. If you have ever thought about writing a blog, check this page out first.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to see you back to your old Hobbit self again. And at least somebody out there is acting like a real doctor. I just sit in a chair and watch the pretty pictures flash by while plotting my next coffee run.

Keep up the good work!

The K.O.T. (now that you all left the JP)

8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home